The Redmond, Oregon office of Hart Wagner LLP seeks a litigation paralegal who has at least 3‑5 years of experience in complex litigation, including professional negligence and medical malpractice cases. The Redmond office is a small team-oriented group of professionals and staff who work closely together on all cases. Ideal candidates would be highly organized with a demonstrated ability to efficiently manage discovery, review and summarize extensive volumes of complex litigation documents (including medical records), and prepare exhibits for depositions and trial. Proactive self-starter with excellent attention to detail and superior ability to prioritize.
Skillset would include:
- Knowledge of local and state court rules as well as HIPAA guidelines;
- Strong written communication skills, including drafting correspondence and analysis memorandums;
- Strong verbal communication skills, including communicating directly with clients, attorneys, experts and other legal professionals;
- Strong knowledge of and ability to manage the discovery process;
- Preparing authorizations and subpoenas for record retrieval;
- Conducting background investigation research using social media and other internet tools;
- Researching medical literature, diagrams and terminology on a case-by-case basis;
- Ability to prioritize, review, organize and summarize a high volume of medical records with the preparation of medical chronologies and timelines;
- Experience with timekeeping and billables, including billing guidelines for insurance defense;
- Assisting with deposition and trial preparation;
- Ability to work collaboratively with litigation team;
- Proficiency in MS Office, including PowerPoint, Word and Excel; and
- Experience with electronic file keeping.Hart Wagner is a renowned Pacific Northwest civil litigation firm dedicated to client service and taking care of its employees. Salary commensurate with experience and skill level. Favorable benefits package.
If this opportunity interests you, please submit a cover letter, resume and references to email@example.com. All submissions will be held in strict confidence.