What's Happening at Hart Wagner
- Hart Wagner Sponsors the Special Districts Association of Oregon 2020 Annual Conference
- Attorney Donna Lee Elected as a Director of the Board of Oregon Association of Defense Counsel
- Lindsay Duncan and Stephanie Kucera Named Partner
- Kimberlee Morrow Discusses Best Practices For Peer Review
- Karen O’Kasey and Colleen Scott Obtain Defense Verdict Following 2-Week Trial
Joe Traylor received a quick delivered defense verdict today in Clark County, WA after 20 minutes of jury deliberations. Plaintiff was claiming $8400 of chiropractic care and $35,000 in non-economic damages. The jury found the 8-10 mph automobile accident was incapable of causing injury.
After a five-day trial, Karen O’Kasey has won a medical negligence and battery case in Multnomah County. Plaintiff alleged that during a water soluble barium enema procedure performed by the defendant, the catheter perforated her colon, resulting in bleeding, and a delay in the reversal of her ileostomy. Plaintiff was seeking $800,000 in non-economic damages and over $200,000 in economic damages. After a short deliberation, jury came back 12-0 for the defense!
Case abandoned and dismissed with prejudice by plaintiff mid-trial in $40 million birth injury claim in Marion County Circuit Court alleging failure to perform a timely cesarean section and perform appropriate neonatal resuscitation resulting in cerebral palsy.