Employers need experienced trial counsel to defend lawsuits and experienced based advice to avoid them. The Hart Wagner employment group has achieved consistent, positive results in all types of employment litigation including:
- Title VII Discrimination and retaliation claims
- Americans with Disabilities Act claims
- 42 U.S.C. §1983 claims including First Amendment, Procedural and Substantive Due Process Claims
- Wrongful discharge claims
- State law whistleblower and retaliation claims
- Sexual harassment claims
- Family Medical Leave claims under state and federal laws
- Wage and hour claims
- Interference with economic relations and breach of contract claims
- Workers’ Compensation discrimination and retaliation claims
The Hart Wagner employment litigation group offers public and private employers extensive federal and state court trial experience. On average, we try several employment cases to verdict every year, and defend numerous complaints filed with the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission, the Oregon Bureau of Labor and Industries, and the Washington State Human Rights Commission.
We also provide advice on a wide range of workplace issues and preventive practices, including employee handbooks and policies, training, employment agreements, and disciplinary matters, and the new COVID-19 leave laws.