Jason Poss’ practice focuses on the defense of medical, legal, and financial professionals, as well as employment and general liability defense. He is admitted to practice in Oregon and Washington.
Jason obtained trial experience through the Multnomah County District Attorney’s Office and has arbitrated cases in both Oregon and Washington. Before joining Hart Wagner in 2014, Jason worked at two smaller civil litigation firms in Portland, where he defended personal injury, construction defect, product liability, and general liability cases. During that time, he also gained invaluable experience from a plaintiff’s perspective, managing a high-volume caseload of automobile, commercial, and workers’ compensation subrogation claims.
- Obtained dismissal of law firm in $21 million legal malpractice claim arising out of company stock and asset sale.
- Obtained dismissal of institutional client in $10 million alleged delayed breast cancer diagnosis claim and successfully defended re-filed case leading to second dismissal.
- Obtained dismissal of institutional client in $4 million medical malpractice and civil rights claim arising out of involuntary commitment of mentally ill plaintiff.
- Obtained dismissal of provider in $4 million medical malpractice and civil rights claim arising out of alleged delayed closed head injury diagnosis.
- Obtained dismissal of law firm in $3 million legal malpractice claim arising out of securities law advice.
- Obtained day-of-trial dismissal for medical provider in alleged medical battery claim.
- Obtained dismissals of numerous employment and medical malpractice claims asserted by pro se plaintiffs.
- Successfully resolved malpractice claim against accounting firm with national news coverage.
Jason earned his law degree from University of Oregon School of Law in 2010. While attending law school, he served as a research assistant to Professor Suzanne Rowe, contributing to the publication of three legal research texts. He was also named the top editor on his law review by his peers. Jason obtained his bachelor’s degree in business management from University of Iowa in 2006, graduating with honors.
Jason spends his free time with his wife, Jackie; their two young children; and their poorly-trained golden retriever. He also serves on the Board of Directors of Adaptive Sports Northwest, a local nonprofit that promotes recreational, fitness, and competitive opportunities for children and adults with physical disabilities.
University of Iowa
B.B.A., Management and Organizations, with Honors, 2006
University of Oregon
School of Law
Hart Wagner LLP
Associate Attorney, 2014 – 2018
MacMillan Scholz & Marks, P.C.
Associate Attorney, 2011-2014
Lachenmeier Enloe Rall & Heinson
Contract/Associate Attorney, 2010-2011
Hutchinson, Cox, Coon, DuPriest, Orr & Sherlock
Law Clerk, 2009-2010
Admitted To Practice
Oregon State Courts
Washington State Courts
U.S. District Court: District of Oregon
Professional Activities and Associations
Oregon State Bar
Multnomah Bar Association
Oregon Association of Defense Counsel
Washington State Bar
“Technology in Practice Lightning Round,” moderator/co-presenter, Oregon Association of Defense Counsel Annual Convention, 2018
Adaptive Sports Northwest, Board of Directors